Get great value for money
When it comes to starting your career, UK qualifications are a great boost to your salary, as well as to your CV. Research shows international students educated in the UK achieve significantly higher salaries after they graduate, on average, than if they had been educated at home (Tracking International Graduate Outcomes, BIS).
- UK course fees and living costs are good value and compare favourably with costs in other top education destinations (International Pricing Study, UK Higher Education International Unit).
- International undergraduates in the UK are also more satisfied with the cost of living than in other major education destinations (UK HE International Unit, December 2015).
- UK higher education courses are generally shorter than in other countries. For example, full-time bachelor's degrees typically last three years – compared to four years or more in many countries – and many full-time master's degrees last just one year. This saves you money on annual fees, and means you can start your career sooner.
- There are many financial support schemes for international students who wish to join a UK course. Find out more in Scholarships and financial support.
- Many UK shops, restaurants and businesses offer substantial student discounts to help make your life affordable. You can also get cheap deals for train and bus tickets, and Student Unions offer great value food, entertainment and support.
- If you want a UK qualification but don’t want to leave your home, consider doing an online course or joining a UK campus in your country. This gives you the option to live with your family while studying. Have a look at Your study options for more details.
Living costs and tuition fees do vary greatly across the UK. Before you enrol, we recommend that you contact your chosen school, college or university for full details. It's best to ask exactly what is included in their fees, and if there are any additional costs to consider.
Find out more
In this short film, international students talk about budgeting and the cost of studying in the UK:
The International Student Calculator can help to plan your living costs, and manage your money while you’re in the UK.