British Council Canada launches Students for Social Impact: A social enterprise work-study placement
Put your passion for social enterprise to work overseas. Students for Social Impact placements provide the opportunity for talented students to contribute to life-changing social enterprises in Canada or the UK, gain valuable overseas experience, and connect with other young leaders of the future.
British Council Canada is excited to launch Students for Social Impact, a work-study programme in the UK and Canada. We invite all students passionate about social entrepreneurship and curious for experiential learning to apply for this overseas placement programme.
You will gain real-world experience in a social enterprise overseas in Canada or the UK. You will be allocated a mentor from within your host social enterprise who will support you to learn about the sector and undertake a research project. You will have the opportunity to connect with other talented students taking part in the programme, both on-line throughout your placement and in-person and at the start and conclusion of your placement. At the conclusion of the placement, students will have a chance to discuss and present their findings at a youth summit.
Who is eligible?
The Students for Social Impact placements are for students who:
- are British or Canadian permanent residents or citizens (for Northern Ireland domiciled only, holding a British or Irish passport)
- are currently enrolled for undergraduate study at a UK or Canadian university
- have completed at least one year of their undergraduate degree by June 2015, and are returning to the undergraduate degree in September 2015
- are 18 years of age or older by 15 June 2015
- are able to live abroad (in the UK or Canada) for the duration of the programme
- have sufficient English fluency.
If you are an interested student, please APPLY HERE.