'When you've finished your studies, it's time to pack up and head home. You'll need to think about more than buying your ticket: what about all the practical details, such as getting everything home and finding out about tax refunds?'
There are lots of practical things you need to think about during the last few months of your time in the UK, and as you pack up to travel back to your home country.
But don't worry! You can make sure that you have everything covered by taking a look at the UKCISA website. You'll find plenty of detailed advice and information on a range of topics, including:
- sending your belongings home
- income tax refunds
- Value Added Tax (VAT) refunds
- who to notify about your departure
- who to notify with your forwarding address
- career considerations
- dealing with ‘reverse culture shock’.
See UKCISA's Returning Home information sheets for more details.